mercredi 16 février 2011

Back from Brittany and shopping





After rainy weekend in Brittany, lots of walks on the beach, good food and wine and even a yummy mini kouign-aman, we're back home.
Yesterday we popped to the Conran shop and I finally got to see the Mathieu Challières lamp I been wanting but glad I saw it before I bought it, as although it was very beautiful and dreamingly poetic , I just prefered his ceiling lights more...problem is, down stairs we have only one place to hang one and it just wouldn't work there.
Good news is, while looking for a photo of the original table lamp to put on the blog, I came across Mathieu C's site and there is a smaller table model that I just love (shade/cage is higher which is what I wanted). I just need to find where to buy one now!


A couple of streets down we went to get more paint samples and buy the paint we had decided on for the sitting/tv/family room and for the entrance.
In the entrance we've gone for Elephant's Breath (looks better in reality).
And I'm going to do a tester first, but I really like to paint the ceiling cornices in Charlotte's Locks
Charlotte's Locks (number 1)

For the family room, we're painting it in Mizzle, I did originally plan on Pigeon, but I found it to be a little bit too intense for this room (45m2)...I really have to find a room for this colour though, because it's one of my favourites.

Finally, going back to our visit to Conran, I got to sit on a lovely Eames lounge chair (always wanted one of these), and even Alain who had a preference for an Corbusier LC4 is smitten too!
My birthday's in May....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire