lundi 14 novembre 2011

Lunch for Marie Kate who isn't hard to please..most of the time



Marie-Kate comes home for lunch on Monday's and Tuesday's and she tells me in advance what she'd like to eat, and usually I try to comply, and luckily today I had to go shopping.  She asked for vegetables and fish....mmm ok. I don't often look at food blogs, well not since moving here, but that's changed as of today. I found sites I loved again, like Smitten Kitchen, Joy the Baker et cetera. 

 Well getting an idea from Smitten Kitchen, Marie- Kate and I ate roasted aubergine(MK's was topped with some mozzarella too) with a tomato, onion and caper salsa and some tempura 
coated cod (from Brittany).
.
Did she like it? Well she ate it all up and said it was yummy but her favourite bit was the tomato salsa.
Even though I cooked it and I critic my cooking a lot, I have to admit that this lunch was good, the aubergine, meaty and the salsa great, and I'm crazy for fish.
Tomorrow, she's back home for another 2 hours lunch break, and this time I'm going to get her to prepare the topping for two home-made pizzas, that should be fun:)

As for tonight, we'll be eating this, but I doubt mine will look anything like it.
But before that, my children will be eating Double Dipped Apple Doughnuts that I found on Joy the Baker

You see what happens when you eat at Verjus, you just want to cook, cook cook....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire