lundi 27 février 2012

An Ikea gingerbread house failure and my first attempt at curtain making

We went to Ikea yesterday and came back with all we needed and more.
Gaby and Marie Kate found a reduced priced gingerbread house that they just had to have (see above)
I bought some fabric to make curtains and a ds case for Marie Kate, and we sourced out which bathroom sink we're going to buy...yes, we are doing the second floor shower room in March (photos of it as it is coming soon).
Anyhow today,  while I got on with my sewing, the children worked on assembling their gingerbread house, which was fine by me.
Before
And I measured, cut and sewed a curtain for this window (first floor landing).

 I even lined the curtain.  The birds on the fabric are really cute and I just love this colour blue and cheap costing 4.99 euros per meter.
 
I'm really happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to do more things with my sewing machine...but not now, just this took about four hours to finish
 Last photo on the way down to see how the children's house was looking.
 Ok no great, they didn't follow the instructions and their sugar glue didn't work so they called this heap of gingerbread, icing, and sweets an earthquake house...it tasted good though and I just love those raspberry and blackberry jelly sweets...yummy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire