vendredi 8 juin 2012

The tale of our hanging rack

 Our kitchen looked like this yesterday, perhaps less tidy, but with with most of the things you can see on this above photo.   
 Last night however, one of the rawl plugs holding our ceiling rack in place gave up the fight yesterday evening and gave way, sending the chain on the end of it crashing down and making one hell of a noise.  I was in my bedroom and knew it was that, I'd been worried that one day this rack wasn't going to take the weight.  Luckily, no-one was hurt and nothing was broken, the rack itself held fast, supported by the wall hooks and the last remaining ceiling hook, but still it had to come down and I have no intention of putting back up...Cecile and Cedric, if you haven't bought one yet, you can have ours:)
 
This hole should be easy to fill, but I'm going to have to pop and get some more paint from Farrow and Ball, what a chore....
And I need to rethink our kitchen a little.  I thinking of putting a metal shelf above the stove for the saucepans I use all the time (with hanging space under).  Then cutting our blackboard so it's in-line with the splash back putting at least one long shelf here...Still thinking though, and getting lots of ideas from my favourite blogs like this one for example



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire