mardi 21 août 2012

Birthday tart and cake


This weekend we ate lots of good food and made the most of the weather, even if it was a little too hot for all of us.  Alain made dinner Saturday night, some new fish fillets and some amazing courgette cakes.  And to finish off with, Alain made, with MK's help a yummy strawberry and mascarpone tart (from Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries) for a very belated birthday treat for me.
Sunday, it was my turn to cook.  This time to celebrate Alain's 38th birthday and Oliver's 18th.  This was my first opportunity to bake a cake for either birthday, so this one, for once, was to be a shared cake.  Once again, this was another recipe taken from Nigel Slater's book, a lemon and pistachio cake with crystallized rose petals, that Gaby helped me with.
 It was a fabulous cake, even if I do say so myself.  Moist and buttery, filled with pistachios and covered with some lovely lemon icing, more pistachios and of course, those rose petals.
 Really this cake was just awesome and has been a main subject of conversation even since, just the thought of it makes my tummy rumble....

Guess what?  At this very moment, I'm baking another Nigel Slater cake, not the same, no that was has to be kept for very special occasions, no, this time it's a frosted orange marmalade cake...can't wait to taste it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire