Where does the time go? We have been so busy:
- working a lot
- trying to balance family time and work
- visting Amsterdam
- watching the children take part in their end of year concert
- waiting for the visa that never came (A was supposed to go to Angola)
- wrapping up the last term at school before the holiday's. Alexis enters college in September (he came out top of his class this year and had 98% for national exam all CM2' sit!
- shopping for summer camps
- Seeing Oliver leave for England for an internship...three months without no dirty laundry being left in the middle of the bathroom and a tidy room that smells kind-of fresh for once
On a beach a long bike ride
I could go on but I won't. Now it's the 12th July. We have one of five children at home which is weird but ok. Charlotte is here, she goes to India on a humanitarian holiday (half of the time) and the other half sightseeing. She will visit the Taj-Mahal, visit the town of the Dalai Lama (meet him if he's there). Help make a new classroom...she's going to take lots of stationary for the school over there.
In our big house boat in Amsterdam
Where are the other four? Well you know that Oliver is in the UK getting some work experience.
Alexis and Marie-Kate left last Sunday for their summer camps. Alexis is on a "Survivor's" theme camp. More to come in another post
Marie-Kate is on a "Graine de Veto" camp. Basically, she's getting a first look at what it's like to be a Vet; More later on her camp.
Our house boat at night
Gabrielle left at the crack of dawn yesterday (we were at CDG and 5 in the morning!) She's off on a Scandinavian tour, where she'll visit Denmark, Norway and Sweden). Once again more later.
Finally, us, two parents, with one 17 year old who is capable of looking after herself. We are off on a hiking holiday, a short one, and we'll leave when the pile of clothes have been ironed, and the house is tidy, the grass has been cut and the plants watered.
Two more photos and then I have to tidy
This is one of two floating house boats that have been transformed into a super playground that the children loved.