
Going up to 1st floor landing, half done
I'm stripping again. We've saved the hardest for last, the stairs and landings. today, it's the 1st floor that I'm attacking and I hope to get down to the half landing (going down towards entrance) before eI pick Gaby up at 3

landing from our bedroom

wallpaper still hanging on. way down to half-landing

going up to 2nd floor half-landing with giant floor to ceiling fitted cupboards

The floor and stairs have heavily waxed over the years. I want to strip the wood back or unwax it all and varnish. I'm toying with the idea of painting the vertical part in a colour like matchstick or a lighter shade.
As for the walls, well there I'm completely flummoxed. I did think of painting this area using neutral shades and down-pipe on the cupboards, but now I don't know whether a stronger colour would be better and warm it up more (we've have lots of natural light here, despite the exposition).
Matchstick by Farrow & Ball
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire